Many of our clients come to us at the exact moment when the tools and solutions that were “good enough” in the past just aren’t cutting it any longer. Our entire business model is designed around helping small and midsize organizations get the tools they need in an easy-to-use format. The latest addition to our arsenal of solutions is SMB Intelligence. In a nutshell, SMB Intelligence provides real-time reporting and dashboard functionality for your data in Microsoft Dynamics GP and Dynamics CRM entirely integrated into Microsoft Excel.
What follows are just the highlights of the reporting functions included in SMB Intelligence. For a more detailed walkthrough that shows how to build a profit and loss statement, check out the video we made showing how to build a financial report in excel with SMB Intelligence .
I’m a big fan of SMB Suite’s ability to integrate with existing Office products like Outlook and Excel. It makes sense to me that if you are already using Office in your work, you can dramatically reduce the time it takes to master a new tool if it functions just like the software you already know. We’ve already got our entire CRM system integrated into Outlook, and our Financial Packages have deep excel integration in terms of real-time data exporting and excel sheet formatting.
But SMB Intelligence is different. Using an Outlook-style interface in Excel, users can drag and drop to create complete financial statements or operational reports without ever having to manual key in a single formula. The result is professionally presented in Microsoft Excel or PDF, and users can refresh reports on-demand and drill down to detail thus eliminating the need to prepare and distribute report books. Reports are launched from either an intranet site, a web portal, from within your ERP system or locally from your PC as standard Microsoft Excel files. When launched, reports automatically connect to the database, so your data is always 100% real-time.
In other words, if your company is still creating reports in Microsoft Excel and manually pulling data from Quickbooks or another ERP solution you need to listen up: can immediately begin building custom reports with real-time data all from a program you are already using on a weekly or daily basis (for some of us it’s hourly:).
Other highlights include:
- Integrates with SMB Suite’s entire solution set.
- Supports Microsoft Excel 2007 and Microsoft Excel 2010.
- Reports are available both as pre-defined templates or business users can design their own reports with the ease of drag-and-drop functionality in Excel. Any flavor of report can be designed, including profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow, sales, HR, project, AR, AP, fixed assets, inventory, KPI reports and much more.
- Tree builder allows users to create and maintain a centralized set of dimension trees, for example account hierarchies that will virtually eliminate manual maintenance of report definitions.
- Drill-down to detail from any amount in any report to quickly find the underlying reason for variances and exceptions.
- Produce ad-hoc reports in minutes with the easy to use Composer.
- Complete web-portal provides users with an interface to run reports on any device, including mobile devices, from any location with an Internet connection.
- Automatically generated narrative reports give users the story behind the numbers.
- Product, customer and project profitability reporting with advanced allocation options.
- Consolidations based on one or multiple ERP systems, and with unlimited roll-up hierarchies (trees).
- Advanced currency conversion with unlimited rate types and automatic calculation of currency translation difference.
- Automatic and manual eliminations
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliant, including audit trial of adjustments.
- IFRS to GAAP adjustments.
- Automatic scheduling and distribution of reports